Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Year Frenzy

I have survived!
On Monday I began my adventure as a 2nd grade teacher. This week has certainly been a whirlwind I may even need to start a second blog (yeah right like I'd keep it up t date)just for teaching adventures. So far I have 13 kiddos. Most people start by saying how lucky I am. I agree but you have to take into consideration that all 13 of these students started in a different classroom, all 13 had to learn new procedures for my classroom. I also get any new students that enroll in 2nd grade = I am the revolving door class at the moment.
All that aside I am LOVING it. I have worked 12 hour days all week and have spent most of the last two weekends working at the school, but I am finally getting caught up and getting into a rhythm. I still don't feel like a "real Teacher" though. I defiantly feel like I am still an intern but I am hoping that I will get over that soon enough.

I cannot believe that my wedding day is less than 3 months away! We are sending the invites to the calligrapher this week. we have one shower under our belt and another coming up. Bridal portraits in 2 weeks, engagement shoot in one month. Its beginning to feel real for the first time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment