Sunday, April 17, 2011

Why Baby, Cry Baby

Wow My time in T-town is drawing to a close. 
This time next week I will be with Scotty in our apartment in an entirely different state.
I have watched my friends cry at the end (or smack in the middle ) of every class this week.
I have not been feeling it. AT ALL.
Pure joy and impatience have been my only two emotions.
Until yesterday. 
Yesterday was A-Day. 4 years ago Scotty was at A-Day without me and we met that night.
Yesterday I was at A-Day without him, walking into Bryant Denny Stadium for the last time as a college student.
Thank goodness I was surrounded by 100,000+ people or I would have been SOBBING.
I love Football
I love Alabama Football
Win or Lose. Good Season or Bad. 
Seeing the White Pants and the Crimson Stripe.  Those simple helmets that haven't changed in my lifetime. 
I think that's what I love so much its the constant in my life. 
I know from September til Thanksgiving each Saturday is reserved for the Crimson Tide. 
I will watch the pre game video and yell BOOM with all my might.
I will sing the modified version of Dixieland Delight and watch parents cringe.
All kickoffs will always start with "Rooooolllll Tiiiiiiiddddeeee Roll!"
I know I will always hear "At some places they play football at Alabama We LIVE it."

There is will always be a little girl with a head full of curls seeing Big Al and the Cheerleaders for the first time.
My favorite Swoon-Worthy players will always come back to see me. :)

Greg McElroy you made Smart Read Heads attractive, And Preston Dial ...... Oh Jeans have never looked better.! I have more photos of Preston Dial than all other players together. 




One of God's most beautiful specimens. Going to Miss that Boy. Cried in Orlando when he left the field So I sure was surprised to see him come back.
All of this is what I am having a hard time leaving.
I know we will be back for games in the future, but I have not missed a home game in 3 years.  I have only witnessed Alabama lose 1 game. EVER.  Am I the lucky charm? Most likely not but I like to think so. 
I am going to miss the loud night games, the perfect weather of early games, ESPN on the stadium plaza, the official red/white shakers, Big Al's antics, the smell of Dreamland BBQ wafting through the air.  Seeing dads explain the game to their sons and moms showing their daughters how to walk up the bleachers in heels. 
Tuscaloosa is Disneyworld to me.  I am so ready to move on.  I am tired of being here alone, but I will miss Saturdays. I will ALWAYS miss gameday Saturdays.  I suppose it is a part of life. One that I am struggling to let go of. 
Alabama Football has been the unchanging part of this crazy life and I suppose it will never change.  Its time to let go and move on.  So Long
Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you,
Hit your stride.
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave.
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's his shame!
For Bama's pluck and grit have
Writ her name in Crimson flame.
Fight on, fight on, fight on men!
Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then.
Roll on to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride,
Crimson Tide, Roll Tide, Roll Tide!

0 comments:

Post a Comment