Friday, July 20, 2012

Newbie Blog Hop

Its always fun to discover new friends in the Blog world.  
Today Janis @ Grade Three is the Place for Me! is hosting a wonderful blog hop for Newbies.
Join in!
 
1.  what state you are in?
   2.  your current teaching position.
    3.  your teaching experience.
    4.  when you started blogging.
    5.  share a blogging tip / blogging resource.
 1. I live in South Carolina.

2. I will be in my 2nd year of 2nd grade this year.

3. This will be my 2nd year as a classroom teacher.  Prior to teaching I had multiple undergrad experiences.  I had general classroom practicums in 1st and 3rd grades.  I also had a practicum in 5th grade full inclusion Special Education.  A Summer Enrichment Workshop for Gifted Students. I also served as a volunteer at the amazing Rise School which was an amazing opportunity.  I also served as an afternoon assistant at The Capitol School, yet another wonderful experience that has helped to shape my current classroom. 

4. I started this blog in August of 2010, but have seriously neglected it in its two years.  I started blogging to document our engagement and new life together.  Now I hope to document everyday life... Especially my classroom. 

5. Blogging tip: Don't give UP.  Like all good things, it takes time and effort.

I hope everyone stops by to link up and make this blog hop a success!

16 comments:

thebusybusyhive said...

I'm your newest follower!! I just found you through the new blog hop!

I'd love for you to buzz by sometime=)
Heather
The Busy Busy Hive

Anonymous said...

I'm your newest follower. Hope you can stop by my blog for a visit.

Fancy Free in 4th said...

I love how blogs connect us all. It is great to meet you! I am your newest follower! I am a new blogger too and found you on the newbie blog hop. I love connecting with other teachers and getting new ideas!
Layla

Fancy Free in Fourth

Unknown said...

I'm glad you joined the Newbie blog hop! The phrase "second year of teaching second" reminds me there are packets people have created: My second day of second grade, My third day of third grade. If I had the second grade one, I'd email it to you, but I'm sure google will find it for you. :)

Grade Three is the Place for Me

Heather's Heart said...

Welcome to blogging. One of the reasons I started blogging was to remember all I do. I forget from year to year some of the activities I do. I also want to try new things that will help me be a better teacher. Blogging has really been very encouraging and has pushed me out of my comfort zone. I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. I just shared 2 encouraging poems that I would love for you to read. =)

Please let me know if I can ever help with anything. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Kelly said...

I am your newest follower from the blog hop! I've also given you an award which you can find here http://applefortheteach.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

Amanda Madden said...

Just found your blog through the blog hop! I'm also a 2nd grade teacher in SC. :)

Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Kathy said...

I'm your newest follower from the newbie blog hop. Stop on by and visit my blog.

Kathy

http://kathyscoordinatedclass.blogspot.com

Mrs D said...

I started blogging to document our engagement and wedding, but started a separate blog for teaching.

I'm your newest follower.

Mrs. D
Reading with Mrs. D

Kelley Dolling said...

So jealous that you are in SC . . . did you hear about Hope King's upcoming blogger meet-up? I got to chat it up with her at the Vegas meet up and she is an absolute doll. You may want to look into this if you haven't already. Oh . . . and I love your advice! Great post today.

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Teaching Fabulous Firsties! said...

Hi Paige,
I’m your newest follower! I am also a Newbie Blogger, so I appreciate all of the sharing of advice and ideas. I've taught only 2nd and 1st grades over my 20 years of teaching and I'm STILL learning new things every day! Hop on over to visit if you have a chance.
Corinna :)
Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

Kristin said...

New follower here. Love your blog! I'm (sadly) leaving second grade this year, so I love checking out second grade teaching blogs. It makes me feel like I'm still there. Check out my blog if you get a chance!

Kristin
Teaching In A Nutshell

Tammy said...

I am a new follower and a 2nd grade teacher. I started my blog in June of 2012. I love all the wonderful ideas out their in blogworld. I can't wait to start teaching so that I can share activities that we do in our classroom. Come visit my blog and my newbie information.

Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

New follower! :) I found you through the blog hop! :) Nice to meet you and Im looking forward to getting to know you.

Cindy said...

Following!
Cindyscurriculumcorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi! I found your blog through the hop and would like to welcome you to being a renewbie. I see you actually started blogging awhile back, but are now dedicating your blogging to documenting your life. Congratulations on that! I did the same multiple times and feel that this time I have a better understanding of why I'm doing it and what I expect to achieve out of it! I'm a newbie to and would love for you to check out my blog when you get a chance.
Your newest follower,
Tammy
groovyin3rd.blogspot.com

Post a Comment