Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bare Your Soul




So I've said I'm back in the blogging saddle in some capacity now.  I am not making a commitment, because if you know me at all, you know that by making a set commitment I will certainly back out ASAP. 
I'm going to be totally honest here: Blogging scares me.
Yes that's right.  You see I'm a pretty guarded person.  I am open to an extent but its all pretty superficial.  I come from a family where feelings are hidden and protected. Don't get me wrong I love my family dearly and I know their world revolves around me but we are by no means open and sharing with emotions.  I see now how this is affecting me and my current relationships.  Case and point: my parents had never seen me kiss anyone until my wedding day. Granted there is nothing wrong with that but it did keep me from getting wrapped up in the moment and showing the joy of Kissing my groom for the first time.  Its almost to the point of being embarrassed when showing feelings of any kind and I cope by being silly.  Always have.  I am not an affectionate person and it often comes off as hateful and I don't mean for it to. So blogging terrifies me.  In all honestly very people I know in real life are going to read this. I am much more comfortable expressing myself to strangers, but the thought that someone I know may run across this causes my blood to run cold.  I am hoping that through blogging I will become more comfortable with opening up.  There are several blogs/bloggers I adore for different reasons and in looking deeper I see that they all put it all out there when they blog.  The good and the bad. The run of the mill and the controversial.  Triumphs and tribulations. The love and the hate.  I hope this will be a season of growth for me as well.
A few of those lovelies are in no particular order:
Michelle at The Vintage Apple 
Everyone knows her blog from "Oh How Pinteresting!" Link ups,
but she is a teacher and wife who keeps it real. 

I often see a huge overlap in our lives with moving away from our families, the love of our dogs and just our every day lives.  I admire how openly she expresses love for her husband each and everyday. 

Even though I am not a Mommy to Be I love reading about Laura's growing family, and her honesty in which she discusses her faith.  Her trust in the Lord and being "along for the ride" he chooses is an inspiration to me. 

I cam across Emily's blog after reading Angie Smith's  book I Will Carry You. Something about the faith and trust Emily had really pulled me in.  I have loved seeing the strength her family has and often see them as an inspiration to keep my eyes up.

Katie at Katie's Keepers
Yet another blog I came to after reading Angie's book, Katie shares life day to day. Simple as that no frills, just life. I love it.

Jesslyn Amber at Jesslyn Amber
I often feel like I am reading my life story when I read her blog. She's a down home Southern Girl who loves Jesus, her family, her adorable pup, her man, and Alabama Football Roll Tide! She is a precious and will leave you with smile on your face. 

Living in SC and being and SEC fan, I have to love her.  Formerly "Sweet Bef's Blog" she shares all her crazy stories that will leave you rolling for days.  But more importantly she's honest to a fault.  No covering it up its her life and she tells it like it is. 

Speaking of Shenanigans...You can't have those without Lindsey at The Bargain Blonde 
Keeping it Real.  Keeping it Cute. Keeping it Cheap. I love it all. 

I simply cannot say enough. First off she is precious, and a teacher to boot so I feel like she gets my struggles on some days and says the things I am thinking. Her "What I'm Loving Wednesday" link up is a huge hit and a great way to connect to others.  I absolutely adore the way she talks about her husband and their pictures are too cute.  Again Southern sports fans who love the Lord and their doggies.... I am seeing a trend. 

Sarah at Life Sweet Life
She is Crafty beyond belief. Not sure how I end up wrapped up in so many "mommy blogs" but I love her family's story and trust in perfect timing. 

Kelly at Kelly's Korner
Again love for the SEC will get me every time. Kelly's Korner has become somewhat of a Holy Grail. She has the Show Us Your Life Link Ups that are amazing and range from your home to hobbies. She makes you feel like you are talking directly to a close friend.  Her blog has become a great place to meet others and connect as well.  Her open sharing of the gospel through this is a true inspiration to me as well. 

Paige at simple thoughts
I love the mixture of life, faith, photography, and being a Southern Belle. 

I hope these girls can continue to encourage me to reach out and be myself out in the open so that I will have this blog to look back and reminisce on all the wonderful things I experience in life. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment