Thursday, July 12, 2012

Starting Now


So I fell off the blog bandwagon yet again, its not like I was ever completely on. I love reading many blogs every day, I feel so connected to so many wonderful people that I have never met and most likely never will.  I often think of how wonderful it must be to have a record of so many memories and be able to access them so quickly.  I envy folks who have documented dating, marriage, and now families and think to myself "I wish..." Well why not?  I see people who have saved every movie ticket, letter, email, etc.  Don't get me wrong I am an overly sentimental person but at the same time Scotty and I live.  We began dating when we were both living at home still and completely unsure of what we wanted or how we fit together.  There aren't cutesy pictures of our first dates, or Valentine's Day surprises under the stars.  I do regret that at times.  We don't have maps marked with the many places we have traveled or journals detailing the experiences we've had. I wish there was but we were busy taking in the moment rather than documenting the moments to enjoy later. My grandmother passed away when I was 4, and when going through her things I feel so close to her.  She kept every picture, card, and newspaper cut out of our family.  She wrote letters to her children before she passed to share her thoughts and love. There was no elaborate scrapbook or fancy verbiage. Just raw memories and thoughts. Admittedly so there was no way to edit photos then, but had there been I think she would have left them SOOTC.  Memories captured even when blurry, with noise, and stray hairs. I think that is what I love most.  Don't expect nice photos that have been painstakingly edited, or examples of lessons and units from my class to share. I will be busy being a part of the moments captured and spending time focusing on the darlings I will teach.  Others who do those things have a passion for it where I do not.  I do not want this to be work, or frustrating, or a source of unneeded stress, I want a snapshot of my life.  I always think to myself its too late to start now we've already skipped too much but why not start now. Last time I checked there is still plenty more to come.  Posts may be jumbled, I may not have readers, but I will have memories documented for years to come, Starting Now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment