Friday, November 4, 2011

Tell the World I'm Coming Home

Back where I come from, where I'll be when its said and done. I'm proud as anyone back where I come from. Some say its a backwards place. Narrow minds on a narrow way but I make it a point to say That's where I come from. 
mpus.  I am sure everyone misses there college days but man alive I miss being there to see the tents on the Quad on Thursday afternoons.. the obvious excitement in the air. How every person you pass seems to be talking about the game in some capacity.  Every clothing store is devoid of anything crimson, houndstooth, or skimpy and black.  Every street is closed. And every person you pass is your new best friend.

Its a sacred place. Silence falls as all eyes and ears turn towards the stadium as that immortal voice roars across town "I ain't never been nothing but a winner."

Cold chills spread. It sounds silly unless you have the passion too.

How can something as little as a football game mean so much to so many?

For some its tradition for others its a way to communicate. Its living vicariously,  its being a part of something much bigger. 

The Crimson Nation is home to me.

Moving away from my home to Myrtle Beach was much harder on me than I ever expected. Anywhere I go I can see that script A or houndstooth, or just hear a good oleander Roll Tide and instantly I feel at home.  Its like getting a little smell of grandmas home cooking. 

Its more than nostalgic.  Its soul soothing.

I need my home. And I am so proud that I am coming home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment