Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Days of Thanks



OurLifeonaMarquee


I am linking up with The O' banions for 30 Days of Thanks. Hopefully this will get me out of my "lack of blogging" funk. 

Day 1 -- I am Thankful for my job.
In this economy so many struggle to find jobs, especially in the field of Education.  In Alabama there were many districts actually cutting teaching units because of budget issues.  I was blessed to be offered more than one job.  It was definitely a struggle to decide, but ultimately I am certain that I made the right choice.  
Each morning I begrudgingly roll out of bed way too early and drive to school in the dark.  Then at 7:25 14 wonderful 2nd graders pile into my room with the biggest smiles on their faces.  For some I may be the only hug they get.  I may be the first smiling face each day.  I have a wonderful TEAM of coworkers whom I have come to love.  I am their Rookie and Little Southern Belle.  I would not trade my days for anything.  Do I get frustrated with the 12 hour days I seem to always be working? Absolutely. Do I wish I could turn off my "teacher brain" and focus on my friends and family? Without a Doubt.  But more than all that I am Thankful to be such a Big Part of so many Little Lives.


What are you Thankful for Today?


1 comments:

Amanda O'Banion said...

Thank you so much for linking up! I am also a teacher and I am so very thankful everyday when I get to walk into my classroom and flip on the light switch. I hope that you enjoy this 30 day challenge as much as I am already!

Amanda

Post a Comment