Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First Year Frustrations

Being a first year teacher has its own unique set of stressors.  I was unexpectedly plunked into a homeroom classroom during the 3rd week of school.  It was what I wanted, dreamed, and prayed for. BUT it was not in anyway what I had prepared for. I am the type of person that is either waaay ahead or 10 steps behind.  I'm never caught up.  Ask any teacher they never feel "caught up" because in the classroom there is always something else that needs to be done.  I am looking forward to Spring Break so much I can hardly stand it any longer. HOPEFULLY *fingers crossed* I will finally get somewhat prepared so that I don't constantly feel like I am treading water.  I've always believed that the best way to learn is on the front lines, but 7 months in I am ready for some changes I already have so many plans for my next class!

0 comments:

Post a Comment