Thursday, July 14, 2011

Engagaversary

"Happy Anniversary Baaaabbbbyyyy I got you on my mi----ind"-- Rick and Bubba.
This is so late but yet again I am a self proclaimed slacker.
For our Engagaversy Scotty and I wanted to do something new. But heck were in a new state, everything is New.  The 4th as we all know by now is a big deal to me and we did get engaged on the 4th last year so it was fun to celebrate all that's happened since then. 
   

THEN:




NOW:


Not much has changed except this year we did NOT get rained on.
And for the Record, YES I am wearing the same dress. As per Scotty's request.  Creature of Habit much?
I really stink at surprises, I always figure them out.... I even knew about the engagement so he was determined to surprise me and played along. 



 We drove over to Murrells Inlet to Marshwalk.  I really don't know how to describe it other than it is a boardwalk  lining the Marsh that has tons of Fabulous local restaurants.  We ate at Creek Ratz and it was uh-mazing. Fried food galore.  Forget fitting into a wedding dress, we devoured that mess. Crab stuffed fried mushrooms the size of a raquetball....<3 <3 afterwards we strolled around for a bit then went to check out a store that I have been dying to go to. Lazy Gator is all I wanted it to be and more. They have a year round Christmas shop! I collect ornaments so that was uber exciting to me. A great mix of local crafts and more mainstream as well.  Super cute and fun just to walk around in.
Then we decided to head on over to the beach for a walk since the weather was absolutely stunning.
There were scattered fireworks while we were walking and live music playing= wonderful night for me. 
The first time I visited Myrtle Beach two months ago they had started on a new restaurant, later we found out it was a Jimmy Buffet, Landshark Bar and Grill. Not only that but it would be the location for the SKYWHEEL the 2nd largest gondola, Ferris wheel ride in the U.S.  187' at the highest point. I am afraid of heights, like big time. 187' is about 185 too many for me. But I was dying to ride so.....


 I lived through it, I wouldn't even look down until the very end and I am pretty sure I held my breath the entire time we were stopped at the top, but I lived.


Our last stop of the night just happened to be the 8th Wonder of the World, The Bowery
I'm not much of a bar girl but I am an Alabama girl.  The band Alabama got its start as the house band at the Bowery. Now being from the same area its no big deal to run into the guys of Alabama.  But its cool to see where they started out after they left DeKalb County.  Plus flash the guy at the door an Alabama I.D. and tell him you are from the same home town, and you can skip that cover charge. I've always been laid back, not one to dance, or anything so it was fun to kick back and just listen to the band in a good ole honky tonk atmosphere. 

This weekend was just what I needed
Just a night for Scotty and I to be us. Not what everyone else wants us to be. Not entertaining guests. Not having an agenda. Just being Us.


0 comments:

Post a Comment