Sunday, July 24, 2011

Concerning the Homefront

This place is beginning to look like a home.
We now have curtains!  Okay not sure why but Scotty came fully equipped with everything EXCEPT curtains?
We live on the 3rd floor and have HUGE windows and Black leather couches. the living room is dangerous in the afternoon so the curtains are a welcome addition for us.

 My friend and fellow MAPper Ashley came up to visit on very short notice and I decided to put her to work.  Scotty and I are still in the poor college kid category for a couple more months so decor is slim around here. Thankfully Ashley is pretty handy with a paintbrush so we added two paintings of Magnolia blooms to our living room this past week and I LOVE them.  Scotty and I also demolished took apart a bookcase of mine while moving it in so after seeing it piled in the corner we repurposed it into some shelves for our barren walls. Not exactly the nicest approach to creating shelves but its much cheaper to throw to shelves up on white utility brackets for $4 than it is to go by floating shelves....  It was also a good excuse to get him to move the TV over. I like things to be centered, so much so that I measure everything and the TV being 52" its pretty obvious when it is off center, now its not :)

My diploma and teaching certificate came in but they are at Home-home. :( I want to hang them on the wall so badly or actually hold them in my hands.  Graduation is in 2 weeks and I cannot wait to have some closure for that chapter of my life. 

I have so many exciting new things going on but I feel like I won't really be moving forward until then. 

Coming up:  visiting a new church, grad school, wedding invitations are IN, new job, Pack visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment