Saturday, July 2, 2011

Homesick,,,,at Home?


Homesick at home?
How does that work?
Well in the South if you are a girl its pretty common that when you move off to college, you never move back home.  We marry people off early, Not saying I agree with it.
At any rate, when I moved off to college 3 years ago my parents moved as well.
I took everything I owned with me to college.
My parents place has 2 bedrooms, one is my mom's and the other is my dad's den. 
So there is one bed in this place, one bathroom, one couch.
I have no place to put my things, seriously I have been home for 6 weeks this summer and have had to live out of a suitcase the entire time.  At one point I laid out 3 days worth of clothes and put everything else in a storage shed just to get my luggage out of the way. 
Normally I keep everything in the car so I'm good whether I stay at home or the in-laws, or where ever.
Having my car in the shop had really messed that plan up as well.
So I am here, sleeping on a couch with all my clothes in a suitcase at the end of the couch for 3 straight weeks.
Oh and all my friends are like off married with kids or as I call it "playing house" these days. 
Makes for some boring days and nights. VERY boring. Small towns are great when you have someone to enjoy them with, not so much when its just you and the dog. 
I try going to the in-laws because I atleast have a bed to sleep in, but I always feel like I'm in the way there.
I come in and my stuff is stacked by the door, or in the back of a closet.
I'm ready to have a HOME to go to.
Where my clothes are hanging in the closet, my makeup is on the counter, i can stretch out on the couch and take a nap, i can come and go as I please without having to tell anyone where I am going.
After living alone for so long, it is a BIG transition to be home again.
I leave early Tuesday a.m. after that South Carolina is home. 
Talk about a BIG transition....

0 comments:

Post a Comment