Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Going to be a Doozie!

20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection

1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
      Getting engaged to the man of my dreams, the love of my life, the man God has chosen for me.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
      Finishing the most difficult year of college amidst all the personal challenges I was facing. 
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
       Lexie and the way she can always light up my day.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
       My parents and deciding on future plans with our conflicting schedules.
5. Pick three words to describe 2010.
       Stressful, Rushed, Redeeming
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2010 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
      Stressful, Anxious, Blessed.
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2010 (again, without asking).
     Relief, speed, academics
8. What were the best books you read this year?
     Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
     Radical by David Platt
     House Rules by Jodi Picoult
  
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
     Bethany, Erica, and Ashley
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
      Learning to be okay with myself and not always trying to please others.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
       I know feel more comfortable showing my emotions.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
       I am now embracing my spirituality and trying to grow in my relationship with God everyday.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
       Um HELLO I have gained 20+ lbs.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
       I now understand what others were talking about when they have said that the friendships you make in  
       college supersede any other friendships from the past. 
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
        Working with all the children I have in the various settings in the past year.  I have been with 7 different
        classes so that is a lot of children.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
       Being confident in my abilities to teach all these children.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
        Facebook and napping.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
        Quality girl time that involved paintbrushes and lots of laughing.  Also visiting with my uncle.
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
        Nothing in this world lasts forever, embrace it all. 
        Life goes on.
        I cannot sit around waiting on life I have to go out, let go, and make things happen.
        Happiness is not determined by circumstance, but rather by confidence.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2010 for you.
      Happiness is not determined by circumstance, but rather by confidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment