Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wrappin it up

December 31 – Core Story What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.) (Author: Molly O’Neill)
How I came into being myself. Every person is a complex combination of thier environment but until this year I did not see this in myself.

December 30 – Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)  
My parents gave me a red wagon for Christmas.  I was so surprised, it was something I wanted for my classroom next year. I also received several heirlooms of my grandparents that I did not get to spend time with.  One of those was a framed copy of their marriage certificate and I love it so.
December 29 – Defining Moment Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year. (Author: Kathryn Fitzmaurice)
1. Rededicating my life.
2. Saying Yes to Scotty
3. Getting honest with my parents 

December 28 – Achieve What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
1.Graduating College with Honors.  I will be beside myself.  I will be the first person in my immediate family to finish college much less from a prestigious University with honors.
2. Marrying the Man of my dreams will be the moment in my life that I have waited on for so long.
December 27 – Ordinary Joy Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? (Author: Brené Brown)
I returned to visit my classroom.  I was greeted by a child whom I had become quite close to.  He was so excited that he couldn't even hug me.  He just kept repeating my name and jumping up and down with his infectious smile shining.  Absolute Joy!
December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins) 
I haven't really eaten anything that fantastic this year :(  
 
December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where
This is me surrounded by my students on our last day togehter. I am notorious for funny faces so we felt it appropriate that we all display our best ones.  Each one of these angelic faces will forever hold a HUGE place in my heart.  I will always treasure this picture.
December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)
NYE as Scotty and I were watching the midnight fireworks show at Disneyworld all the world felt right.  There was nothing in the world that could have been better. I know that is what my future holds.  After all that has happened this year, that moment let me know its All OK.
 
December 23 – New Name Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)
Paige Brown :) I need to get used to saying it.
December 22 – Travel How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt)
2010 started and ended with travel.  Travelling with the Tide that is.
Pasadena, CA for the National Championship game in January and I feel like I was on a significant trip atleast once a month right up to a trip to Orlando to see the Tide play New Years 2011.
 
December 21 – Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)
Kids are everywhere, Husband is in the mancave, bills are piling up, but we are praising God for every moment of it. True Paradise.
Dear 12 YR Old Me,
 You are going to grow up to be a competent person although many people doubt you.  You will find love no matter how much you hide from it.  Children in your classroom will help give you your childhood back. A little girl that is the spitting image of you will become the apple of your eye.  Set your goals high, what you accomplish will astonish everyone.

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell) South Africa trip. Once in a lifetime experience and I didn't take it.

December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leonie Allan)
I finally came to terms with my parental relationship.  Seeing dysfunctionality in others really helped but mostly I came to accept that this is the hand that I have been dealt and granted it is far from ideal it is still far from terrible.

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)
I want to try to give everything I do atleast 95%. I want to shoot for 101% but 95 is a good start.

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
Life Goes On. It is cliche but honestly I live everyday like the world is going to end if I do not worry every second, Guess what? It doesn't.

December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)
Oh Wow big revolation this year.  I became part of a new group of friends and for the first time in my life completely opened up.  I have had the same best friend for 17 years, but our relationship is nothing in comparison to the new ones. (that is something I want to change)  There is nothing superficial about my new friendships, every bit of it is genuine.

December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
Not Gonna Do IT. TOO much this year.
 
December 14 – Appreciate. What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)
My HIT. I now see all he does for us, me, and so many others. I have looked over it and taken it for granted for so long but this year I really began to see how important what he does is in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment