Monday, January 24, 2011

Prayers of Many, Silent, Written, Aloud, Unspoken, Answered, Unanswered

There is so much going on in my little mind right now that I don't even know where to begin so forgive the incessant rambling.
Blessed Beyond Belief I always have been and I always will be.  I do not understand the love, understanding, and forgiveness that my Savior provides for me every moment of everyday.  But I am trying to embark on a journey of better understanding Him. Some how over the weekend I ran across this blog: Bring the Rain I was blown away.  There were so many things there that I needed to hear and see.  This woman does not write from a superior point of view. She writes from her heart.  When one is first exploring a deep more meaningful relationship with God it is intimidating to read eloquent writing and judgmental texts.   I for one am completely set back when I try to follow someone that has studied for years and knows all facets of the Bible effortlessly.  Angie knows God within her heart she has passion, and zeal. She has had failures but above all she knows her God is still the same God he always has been and always will be.  I am not a mother but her story inspires me beyond belief.  I  cannot even begin to understand her pain but glory comes in the morning and she shows that.  Throwing in humor and a best friend conversational like writing style completely won me over. I had to search two book stores before finding her book. I read it in one sitting and cried passionately.  I haven't felt that human in a long time.  It was beautiful.  I want what she has. An unwavering desire to please God through it all.  In the midst of all of this I have been journaling as I study my Bible and writing prayers for Scotty, me, and our future.  I life having them written in front of me so that I can go back and tie in scripture and other things into them later on.  So one prayer I have been praying everyday for years is that Scotty and I would develop a spiritual relationship that we can share with each other.  Today was a break through.  First some background information:  For Scotty's graduation I wanted to get him something meaningful rather than just spending money just to give him something.  I thought a new era in life deserved a new Bible that along with the fact that the last one he got was left in his truck and the binding melted so the books are no longer in order.  So I bought him this new Bible and I included some pictures of him and his pawpaw in the front because I did not want him walking across that stage without his biggest fan.  I had so many things inside that Bible I wanted to share with him but that is the one area in our relationship that needs more work than anything so I decided to highlight the verses that I love the most.  That was over a Month ago.  Today without warning I get a picture message from him.  It was of his Bible The message said:  "This is my favorite verse I've read it every morning since the first time I saw it.  I finally finished the last highlighted verse today! Thank you baby, sorry it took so long but there were a lot of them and I tried to read the entire chapter that they were in." This is a blessing in its self to me but the big boom from God came when I looked at what verse it was. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-22.
This is not one we have ever discussed but it is my all time favorite. And I had openly wept and begged god to help up open up to each other.  I recited this over and over this weekend.  Low and behold He showed up and showed out.
I have been asking Scotty a specific question regarding his relationship with God for several months now. Normally he gets agitated at me and changes the subject.  Today he answered me. Truthfully and openly.
Praise His Name.

On a completely different note I had to experience one of those terrible things about being part of a school today that I hoped I would never have to encounter.  Anyone who lays a hand on a child out of anger will have to deal with the wrath of God. I want everyone to pray for the situation, it devastated me but children are resilient.  I can only provide support and pray pray pray for the child(ren) involved. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment