Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God and His silly sense of Humor

rivalry [ˈraɪvəlrɪ]
1. the act of rivalling; competition
2. the state of being a rival or rivals
rivalrous  adj
 
Pepsi vs. Coke
Leno vs. Letterman
North vs. South
Alabama vs. Auburn

Sylvania vs. Plainview
A humorous story is building here on the Homefront. 

It is terrible that schools were destroyed in all the storms. One local school that my FSIL attends will not be safe for students to return to for quite sometime.  Since this is the case they will be modifying the curriculum and sharing a nearby school's facilities. One school will use the facilities from 7:30-12:00 and the other will be there from 1:00-5:30. Sounds like a reasonable plan to most people.
BUT.
These two schools are die-hard rivals. 
My mother graduated from one of these schools over 30 years ago.
She STILL points out which people are from "PLAINVIEW"
Scotty and I are totally scandalous
I was a Sylvania Ram, He was a Plainview Bear
FSIL Em will be a Bram. 
A Plainvania Bram
It makes me giggle like a littlle school girl, not even going to lie. 
I still have pride in my school, its a large part of who I am. 
the rivalry was a huge part of our communities 
its a fun rivalry, it does get intense with anything competitive
Seeing the looks on E's face when I gave her the news was PRICELESS.
They still do not have power so I got to deliver the news. 
It was like Christmas to me :)
I even pulled out some old Green Sylvania shirts for her to wear.

3 comments:

Richelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richelle said...

BWAHAHAHA!!! i love this.....it's terrible, but too funny at the same time. i just hope that the pesky little P-view kids don't try to pull anything funny while they're on our turf. that makes me nervous!!

Ashley said...

I graduated from fyffe last year and the only other thing worse than plainview v. sylvania is plainview vs. fyffe. i laughed at this post, it does show the oddness of the storms

Post a Comment