Monday, May 30, 2011

Soldiers and Jesus

 

Today we all (hopefully) give an extra thought to all that serve
I have always respected the choose to defend out country
I come from a long line of selfless veterans myself,
but it wasn't until I had close friends in active duty that
I felt so compelled to thank every service man and woman I encounter.

During my student teaching a colleague's brother was deployed.
We had a special faculty meeting devoted to praying for him.
Shortly after my colleague received a phone call that his brother's unit had be hit.
there were fatalities but the condition of his brother could not be confirmed at the time
it wasn't until later that day that he found out his brother was perfectly fine.
I cannot image the pain of not knowing

I know each day we lose more and more.
They seem just like names across the news screen
inscriptions on a wall

Each had a face, a family, and a future.
I know Memorial Day is about honoring and
remembering those who fought and died but to me its more

Upon enlisting they lose parts of their lives they will never get back
Some will have nightmares forever
Many will miss births, firsts, and funerals
Its the day to day we overlook that they wish to see

At a graduation I attended this week there was a student who
I have watched grow up.
His dad is in Iraq and had to watch his youngest son graduate via Skype.
On Memorial Day I want to remember him.
Did he make the ultimate sacrifice and Literally give up his life? Thankfully No
But did he make the Ultimate Sacrifice and Offer to give his life all while missing out on His Life, His Kids, and His Wife? Yes He Did.
He and so many others will continue to do so everyday.

Thank you.
From the Bottom of my Heart

There's only two people whose ever died for me
Laid down their lives just so I could be free
They both went through hell bared crosses and shells
And both got back up again after they fell
They never pick a fight but their there to pick up the pieces
God only knows where we'd be without soldiers and Jesus

To me there both heroes for the path that they chose
One fights for my life one fights for my soul


5 Boys Who Were a Huge Part of My Life
have turned into
5 Men That Fight for My Freedom






0 comments:

Post a Comment